Monday, September 21, 2020

Fiber Monday

 

In Which I Did More Work On the Bag

It's a nice, chilly day. The sky is pale blue, the trees are slowly browning from our unfortunate drought (of which we've had more drought years than fine ones in my memory...), and my toes are cold in their thick cotton socks. It's a crisp 60℉ (15.5℃) with 26% humidity. Perfection. I'm happy with this weather, though I still have that sense of unease that too long without rain brings. I'm not even an outdoorsy type of person, but even I can feel that something is off with the weather.

I spent this morning examining the insides of my eyelids, sleeping in until about 11AM, so I apologize for the lateness of this blog but I needed that sleep. I was beginning to feel the exhaustion of my insomnia in a very uncomfortable way - it felt like my body was bruising. I feel much better today. More settled. More myself. More human.

There was a short moment this morning, as my mother got home, where things got a little crazy, but it was in a good way. Our toaster oven hasn't been toasting properly for a few weeks now, so she's picked up a new one. The cat is thrilled lol.

A blurry shot of the new toaster oven

An Equally Blurry Shot of the Cat Going Nuts in Her New Box


The mass of yarn in my room is slowly becoming more organized, too! Thanks to the ball winder my awesome partner got me for my birthday, I've been taking apart the tangle of my horde and putting it into neat(ish) balls. I still haven't mastered the winder, so occasionally, the yarn will slip and coil around the top of the ball instead of actually winding properly, but for the most part, it's going well.

Also, my younger sister was awesome and surprised me with two balls of Red Heart's It's A Wrap: Rainbow yarn a couple days ago in both "Seaglass" and "Couture". They're awesome and I immediately started looking for shawl patterns for them. I didn't expect them to be such a loose twist (there really isn't any twist to them, it's a bunch of very fine threads that are all clinging to each other with static and hopes and dreams), so there's a bit of struggle with splitting, but once you have the rhythm down, the cotton/acrylic blend works really nicely and feels great in your fingers. I've already done one pattern repeat of a butterfly-themed shawl in the "Seaglass" and I'm planning on doing something a little more nocturnal for the "Couture" (maybe moons? Stars?).

As for that little yellow bag?


It's Coming Along :)


I really like the basketweave pattern on this, and despite the fact that the yarn ball is now the size of a tennis ball, I think I'll keep going. If I have to use the red sock yarn as a contrast for straps & closure, that's what I'll do lol.

How are your guys' projects coming along? Are you getting your rows in? Your wordcounts down? Your colors laid down? I'm rooting for you!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!