Thursday, September 17, 2020

Thursday Art Walk

In Which I Did A Sketch!


It's a quiet (but odd) morning. I finally got that sleep I needed and I feel pretty okay, all things considered. I'm still a little snappish for some reason - I get very frustrated with Blogger when it won't let me upload all three images at once, I'm frustrated that I don't get to check my analytics without signing up for Analytics in general now (and that's annoying because one of the joys of blogging is being able to see how many readers are using a VPN to tell you they're reading your blog in Azerbaijan or something), and I am a bit cranky that I can't find my Good Inking Pen.

So you'll have to pardon my use of pencil alone. Hopefully I'll get this (and a few other things) scanned in this weekend and I can start using Paint.net to add color or something. That'd be fun :)

It's a pretty decent day, despite us receiving our share of the smoke from the opposite coast. Yesterday was so windy I felt the house shake a few times (far preferable to the experiences of those in the path of yesterday's hurricane, but slightly alarming nonetheless). Today, I can see the leaves on the silver maple out front rustling in the breeze, but there's no roaring. The sky is kind of a greige color (gray + beige), but the lack of strong sun means that when they say it's 68℉ (20℃), it actually kinda feels like it (despite the ambient humidity being at about 62%!)

I'm comfortable in my blue jeans and sturdy olive green tee shirt, but my dear kitty has been the most comfortable creature around!


"Creature Comfort" mechanical pencil on sketch pad; 2020


When I came downstairs, she'd perched herself on the arm of my dad's recliner, loaf-shaped and chill. Pretty much as soon as he came inside for a drink, though, she moved, so I had to finish the sketch from memory (which, if you know me, is a tricky prospect lol). I don't know how she can sleep so soundly as she does with him outside constantly working on the camper - today he's priming all of the aluminum pieces so he can paint them, but earlier this week he was using the loudest tools in his arsenal. I'm glad it's getting done, though. I shouldn't complain.

Detail from "Creature Comfort"; 2020


Currently, my girl is curled up in her soft bed on the couch beside me. She likes to knead the sides because they're a soft, fluffy material, and sometimes she gets so into it you can hear her purring from anywhere in the house except my room (which deadens *all* sound inside the house and I can hear nothing). I think she may have a bad cold, sadly, because she has these awful sneeze sessions and a deep (though thankfully very occasional) cough. She's eating and constantly looking for snuggles and stealing people's seats, so that's good.

Today is a good day, creatively, and I think I'm gonna go continue working on both art and writing. I hope you're all safe and working on fulfilling projects!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!