Monday, August 16, 2021

Fiber Monday

 

In Which I Have Plans...


I'm kind of wobbly on a lot of projects I had in the works, to be honest, and I apologize for my rampant inconsistency. I haven't been crocheting a lot, and it shows. I do still plan on finishing some of the things I've worked on, but... I have been bitten by a bug.

You see, I recently discovered the Art Doll world, and that has me fascinated. If you know me at all, you know that fascination almost always leads to some form of action, so as you may have guessed, I kind of want to start learning how to make art dolls. This means I've dragged out some of my old jewelrymaking supplies to use the wire and experiment with armatures.

I haven't made anything yet, but I do want to!

So what do I want to make?

Well, I have a love for dragons. I've loved them since I was a wee lil one reading Patricia C Wrede and watching the D&D cartoon on reruns (much to my mother's chagrin, since she hated that show). I also have a fantasy story I'm plotting out with the intention of writing it, and in that story, the main character has a dragon for an ally, but not just any dragon.

It's a special kind of dragon and I'm going to be experimenting to figure out what that looks like!

And if I can figure this out... I may have to start making a lot of these dragons!

So stay tuned to see if I can get beyond the brainworm stage and actually create this cute lil guy!

I have no pictures of the process yet, since, again, just in the brainworm stage, but as I plan and plot and experiment, I hope to take enough pics to satisfy you all!

So this is just a nice lil written update to keep me honest on this story, this idea, and this blog :)

That'll do it for me today!

Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!