Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Napped Too Much LOL

So.

I may have gotten a bit caught-up in my crochet yesterday.

And it may not have gone well.

I made half a shirt and... I misread the pattern. In my defense, I do that a lot with DROPS patterns, and this one was especially obtuse to me. It has been frogged and set aside for the time being, but eventually I hope to have it made.

Today, though. Today I just did not want to get up. Whether it was the indecisive weather (too hot! too cold! super damp!), the skunk outside my house (phew), or the incessant complaining of a very cranky and lonely cricket, I could not fall asleep until well passed 3AM.

Which makes my awakening at around 8:30AM that much more frustrating.

Naps and I do not usually get along. In the past, napping is either "well, have 8 hours during the day and say goodbye to your circadian rhythm" or "you have laid here for 3 hours and not rested at all, also still say goodbye to your circadian rhythm you putz".

Today was... the latter, sadly. I napped all day and slept not a wink. It's why I don't nap.

But don't think I did nothing all day!

In fact I:
  • Walked a mile and a half on the treadmill
  • Watched a tutorial on how to paint seashells in watercolor
  • Read a bunch of articles on various random subjects because laying there with my eyes shut was getting really boring
  • Did a bunch of situps
  • Frogged that failed shirt pattern
  • Made a really satisfying bowl of cereal and 2 cups of coffee (but only 2!)
  • Took a shower
  • Ate a banana
  • Brushed the cat
  • Watched a tutorial on how to make digitigrade feet for a fursuit because it popped up on my recs
  • Played a bunch of Pokemon games on my 3DS XL
  • Caught up a bit on some of the new areas in New Pokemon SNAP!
  • Did about 10 wall pushups before the cat bit me in the back of the leg for attention
  • Brushed the cat again
  • Tried to nap again
  • Got distracted by FB and then ended up falling down a comic book blackhole with my partner (Blue & Gold looks really fun!)
See, when I list it all out like that, I was super active today.

Except most of the actual active stuff fit in a 3 hour window.

Because I'm LAZY.

Anywho, my plans for this week consist of watching a buttload of how-to vids on watercolor, colored pencils, and digital art, all while trying to figure out how to actually follow that DROPS pattern I was talking about because I want a nice shirt that I can actually wear around people...

And that about covers my day today!

Tomorrow might be 75℉ (23.8℃), but it'll feel around 82℉ (27.8℃), so I'm probably going to just quietly melt in my backyard instead of biking down to the waterfront for some art-time like I'd hoped, but I'll try for some sun.

I hope you guys are having a more productive week than I am, but if you're not, don't be too hard on yourself. The plague isn't over yet, and it's stressful out there!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!