Thursday, August 19, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Make Progress!


I got several deliveries over the last week or so, all of which were related to art! I tried very hard not to be overbearing about the wait, too, but...

Guys, for some reason one of my packages got delayed again!

From Amazon, I ordered some really nice Sakura products - some Pigma fineliners and my first white Gelly Roll pens, and I added on a sepia tone fineliner to get free shipping. Now, the sepia liner is apparently coming all the way from Japan, so I 100% understand why it's not due til next month at the earliest and it's not like I need a sepia fineliner right now lol.

But see, my Gelly Rolls were due the 16th, which came and went. Okay, that'll happen during a pandemic. So I check tracking and find out that it's in my town, same as last time, and it's "awaiting delivery scan", whatever that means.

I received them yesterday because they never delivered the mail to my street on Monday or Tuesday.

My Improved Stash of Painting/Drawing Implements



Now, let's add some insult to this.

See I also ordered from Dick Blick for the first time. Bought a ream of 100 sheets of 5"x7" (~12.7cm x 17.78cm) of 100% rag 300gsm/140lb rough-surfaced paper. On the 16th. They shipped late in the day on the 17th and arrived safe and sound at my door (despite the box being a bit crunched) in the early afternoon of the 18th. 

My Block of Paper

I'm going to have to get used to this rough texture, but with that quick turnaround, I might just have to suck up the 8 dollar shipping and order more stuff via Blick. That was a great experience all around.

Speaking of that paper!

"Mountain 01"; watercolor on rag paper; 2021

It holds paint beautifully! It is going to take some getting used to, but I can definitely see myself making a lot of art with this fun, nubbly paper! Now, you may notice I didn't add any outlines, despite my new fineliners coming in (though I drew ripples on the lake with the Gelly Roll!) - that's because I need to practice. A lot.

Black & White Swatches

The Microns are exactly as I remember, which is maybe not so helpful on a paper so textured as watercolor paper, but when I do regular colored pencil or gel pen drawings, they should be great! The Pigma Graphic, meanwhile, is a bit chunkier and easier to control. I'm going to have to practice a ton with the Pigma Brush, though. It's very new to me.

I'm not entirely impressed with the coverage on my 05 Gelly Roll pens, but the 08 and 10 pens cover very nicely!

I do have to cut this short - it's uh...

It's nearly midnight lol.

I've got to get some sleep!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!