Thursday, August 12, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Twist Tongues With Art ;)


Oh my god today was hot.

It was so freaking hot.

It was 82℉ (27.8℃) and I'm so embarrassed because once upon a time I could walk miles in 88℉ (31.1℃) just fine but I got wrecked. I was pouring sweat the whole walk and didn't stop sweating for about an hour. I ended up with heat rash on both arms (it's annoying but harmless and doesn't itch or anything).

I feel great now, though.

I feel awake and alive and good. And the headache that I started to get was brutally murdered by 12oz of water and a chocolate icecream bar.

Still, it's a very good thing that I did my sketching yesterday and my painting this AM lol!

Behold today's work:

"Seven Selfish Shellfish"; watercolor and watercolor pencil on watercolor sketchbook; 2021


Holy cow the more I look at this piece the happier I am with it!

There's a Periwinkle, a Razor Clam, a Mahogany Quahog, a very large Blue Mussel, a Sand Dollar, a Cherrystone Clam, and a Ladyslipper. Also a piece of seaglass and two arms of two different kinds of seaweed!

I'm really really proud of this piece! I'm going to try to remember to scan it tomorrow or this weekend so I can put it on my Redbubble (see my sidebar for link!). I'd like to throw some other art up there, too, but we'll see.

I think that's about as much as I have to say for now - nice picture is pretty picture, and I'm proud of myself. 

How 'bout you guys - you have any work you're proud of this week? Brag yourself up in the comments!

For now, though,

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!