Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 
In Which A Lot Is Up

I promise you I had every intention of writing a blog for tomorrow (edit: I meant YESTERDAY lol!!!). I had my crochet project at the ready (Return of the Downton Abbey Shrug), was about to take pics and... well... I couldn't focus. Let's rewind.

A lot has been going on, lately, and among these many stressors came my cat making a noise like wet rubber being twisted on itself while vomiting bile. Also having visible breathing issues. So off to the vet she went yesterday and came home with trimmed nails, a rabies vaccine update, and the usual "probably just a cold" shrug. So you'd think I'd have been 100% fine to blog, right?

Guess who can't sleep when stressed?

Guess who stresses about everything?

Guess who also has a room that holds onto heat and humidity and cannot sleep in humid heat?

Yeah. Me.

So I had exactly 1 hour of sleep yesterday. One.

No blogging was done. Barely anything besides compulsive coffee drinking was done, tbh.

Not all of the news and events lately have been bad, though! My grandmother is off to stay with family out of town and having a blast! My other grandmother sold her house and got to move back into her old place where she had a lot more room! My partner's going to have a new nibling in March! And on a more selfish level, I got some new tech to play with as a gift from my dad.

I have now officially joined the ranks of Apple users with the gift of a refurbished once-junked iPad! My dad repairs old, ruined tech sometimes for the challenge, and since he doesn't need a bunch of old laptops or whatever, family members get first crack. The latest challenge was an iPad, and he managed to resurrect it, repair it, and reset it so now I have an iPad!

It... has a fairly short battery life for a tablet - it took it only about an hour to drop down to about 78% battery life, and I have no idea what I'm doing with it, since I've literally never owned another Apple product in my life (I'm born & bred a PC pleb).

But my grand plan for this device is less for Pokemon Masters EX (though you'd best believe I'm playing that now...) and more for art. I've long heard that Apple products were the best for art, so if you're an artist out there and you draw on an iPad or another Apple product, what are your suggestions for a good, reliable, novice-friendly, (most importantly) free art app? I have no idea what I'm doing, have no Apple Pen (don't even know if this model is compatible with a Pen, tbh), and want to be able to do digital art. My current tablet, the XP Pen, works fantastically for sketching and basic coloring, but I have a hard time controlling it for details and proper layering (it's quite reactive to the slightest movements, which is good, but my hands shake).

Now, I've blathered about the material and emotional side of life so far, but how's the weather out here? :P

It's been very weird. The last few days were cool and clammy - low-to-mid 60s with thick fog banks! Perhaps that should have clued me in that today was gonna suck, weather-wise. It may have only reached about 76℉(24.44℃), but with the humidity and how still the air was, the house rocketed past 83℉ (28.33℃). It was, in short, miserable.

The cat doesn't care, though. She slept most of today, slowly migrating from lap to lap until, dissatisfied with our upper thighs, she elected to steal my mother's recliner when she got up to make a cup of coffee around lunch time. The cat has not moved since, slowly melting as cats do.

I have no plans worked out for Thursday. I know I'll do watercolor because that's what I've been doing, but I don't know what the subject will be yet :)

Next Monday, hopefully, I'll have some progress to report on one of my longest-running projects! After that, it's back to Tuesday again, where I blather like I did tonight :P

How have all of your weeks been going?

That's about all I've got for tonight :)

Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!