Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which Today Started... Weird


I am a creature of habit. No, not like a nun. More like a flower. I bloom in my own cycle and anything that disrupts that muddies up my whole vibe. So when I tell you today was a weird-vibe day, you can rest assured I am very thrown-off.

The morning started surprisingly early because my mother took our stale bread out for the crows. They were very appreciative and sang her the song of their people. You may take this to mean that I was annoyed to be awakened by crows, but you'd be wrong. I loved it! It was so nice to hear them happily cawing and the younger ones making "feed me, ma!" noises even though I'm pretty sure some of them have already paired off with mates of their own lol!

So the morning is going well - I grab my coffee and settle into an armchair, the cat is curled up on my lap, farting into my thigh like it's a race... which yeah, not pleasant, but I was happy she was so comfortable on my lap when she's usually quite antisocial in the mornings.

Then my mom lets me know her mother's visiting, and while I love my grandma a lot, I'm less enamored of her crazy dog - the big one who we had that saga with over the late winter/early spring and the lack of kenneling.

Okay, I can deal with that. My partner left me a date bar (delicious) and I brewed a pot of lemon tea that I enjoyed with a few nice vids from the Snake Discovery Enclosure Buildoff. Dog wanted cuddles under the tree so my mom and grandma set themselves up outside, letting the cat and I just chill.

Pretty good day so far!

And then a bonus! The paper that I ordered from Dick Blick 2 days ago and shipped last night? Arrived today! It's a nice cotton rag 5"x7" block of 100 sheets! Pretty dang pleased - especially since my fineliners and gelly roll pens were supposed to arrive...

Yesterday.

And then they were supposed to get here today!

And a package did arrive for my dad from USPS, but... they didn't deliver mail yesterday, and we got no mail today, either.

I'm beginning to think they lost my freaking pens... or that I've somehow pissed off our mailman...

Regardless, today started strong, but the disappointment of realizing my stuff isn't showing up until maybe even Thursday was crushing. And also my brain has been zooming all over the place all day, which isn't fun.

It's been very hard to concentrate - hence why it's past 11PM while I'm writing this.

Anywho, the plan for this week is basically just to try and make some art at the very least! If I can do more than that it'll be a miracle, but hey, miracles do occasionally happen, right?

Right?!

Yeah, that'll about do it for me today :P

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!