Thursday, August 5, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Played With Pencils & Water!


Today was miserably dreary. It rained all day, never got above 75℉ (23.9℃), and it felt like late afternoon as early as 11AM.

As you may have guessed, that wasn't great for my motivation.

Neither was my inability to get a good night's sleep, but that's on me for just refusing to try to sleep until after 3AM.

Despite all these factors, I managed to do some art!

"Rainy Cubes"; watercolor pencil on watercolor paper

For once, that photo isn't that out of focus, that's just the lines being softened by my water brushes!

I'm fairly satisfied with this study, though I also hope to layer every pencil on a larger work at some point. This was only about a dozen colors layered in different ways. I also look forward to doing a bubble art with these colors at some point!

Artistically speaking, I'm just not feeling it these days, sadly. I just don't have much energy right now. I'm hoping that I can get some mojo back by taking a walk tomorrow, but we'll see!

As things stand, I'll be happy to finally be able to focus on art and writing more. My legs finally stopped hurting today (they've hurt since Sunday!!!) and it was such a relief to be able to walk around the house without hobbling or feeling like someone took a baseball bat to my ankles.

I think that about covers my artistic life right now. I'm a little distracted by the fact that it's so foggy I can barely see across the street and everything is being painted a sickly mauve by the hidden sunset. It's a positively apocalyptic look. One that I can't deny is also very cool to look at.

That'll do it for me.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!