Monday, August 17, 2020

Fiber Monday - Rockin the Progress

 

I Actually Got Some Work Done!!!

It's been a while since I worked on the Downton Abbey Lady Sibyl shrug, but I've been working on it today and yesterday, so here's a scrunched up progress shot for you!


It's not too much, but it's progress!

As you can see, it's still a bright shade of salmon, it's still lacy, and it's still not done, but never fear. With the power of video game music and moderate exercise, I am going to finish this!

This morning, I rediscovered my love of the Secret of Mana soundtrack - not the HD "Remaster" that blanded-up the music, either, the OG Soundtrack with it's completely insane boss battle theme.

Specifically "The Oracle", the theme for the Lich King.

This song absolutely slaps as the kids say.

And I may have been playing it for everything I do. Want to crochet for a full 15 minute block? Play the song. Want to get a good workout in? Play the song and move to it (stand like you're hip-firing a pair of chainguns and move to the music, it'll give you a good workout, I promise). Want to wake ALL THE WAY UP?! Play the song at top volume. You will not fall back asleep.

In a lot of ways, "The Oracle" is like MSG. It's like music on crack. It makes everything better. You have baby? Have baby listen to "The Oracle" it become better baby.

But seriously, that's been my day.

That and obsessively checking in on Baby Joey...

So how has your day been going? Get any work done on your own fiber projects? Get any writing or reading done? Seen any adorable animals, funny comedians, or cool games lately? Listen to any good music?

If not, then...

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!