Thursday, August 20, 2020

Thursday Art Walk - A Case of The Mondrians

 

In which I am workin hard on everything I've got!


I am not usually much of an abstract artist. I don't really have any kind of connection or reaction to the more famous pieces, but boy do I love me some Mondrian (and some Pushing Up Roses)!

So to that end, I worked on this today:

"Mondrianish Study In Plaid"; digital; 2020

I'm not 100% sure about it, tbh. I think I should remake it and try a few more ways to get the color on. Preferably ones that don't take 5 hours without breaks. I really have to pee and I'm super hungry.

But yeah, if you think the name Mondrian sounds familiar, you've probably seen his work before. He's the guy who did the Yellow/Blue/White squares!

Since I tend towards a more subdued pallet in my daily life, that's what I went for here - desaturated colors, strong black lines. Except I forgot to turn Antialising off. So it's blurry. Ah well. For a first try, it's not bad!

I am going to go catch up on the world news. I hear someone was arrested by postal service agents on a yacht.

Life is strange.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!