Monday, August 31, 2020

Fiber Monday - Sunny Beret

 

In Which I Finished That Scratchy Hat!


So last week or so, I started working on a hat! This hat was actually a beret, and I was making it out of a particularly scratchy, weird yellow wool I'd bought ages ago and had no idea what to use it for.


Well...


That hat is done!


Yes, I had my boy Dedbert model the beret for you. Yes it's too big for him.

Blurry semi-action shot!


The beret actually feels pretty decent, though it's a tad big for me (which is weird, because I used the Small/Medium pattern, but my family tend to have small skulls, so there's that...), and you don't notice the scratchiness of that wool when it's on top of your hair. I really like the yellow color, and I kind of wish I had enough yarn to make another one for me, because that? That hat's going in the Sell Box for when I A) get my Etsy shop set up all the way, or B) Covid chills the heck out so I can maybe go to a craft fair!


I still have some of the yellow yarn left, but I think I might turn that into a handbag or a small yellow stuffed animal? Whatever I do with it, I think I have come to terms with its scratchiness against my fingers, and I'll be able to work it up much more quickly!


The reason this blog is up so late, by the way, is because somebody decided today was a writing day and wrote two pages towards the middle of their novel. Somebody is me. I wrote two pages of my novel. I'm in the thick of it now, and I'm super excited!


That'll about do it for me today, guys. Expect some extra writing tomorrow (particularly about my writing!).


Go Enjoy Something!

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!