Monday, August 3, 2020

Fiber Monday - Heat Induced Mania


In Which I Am Bananas

Let's face it. I'm not built for heat and humidity.

And yet, that's just the way things have been this past month. Today it's 89℉ (~32℃), though apparently only 39% humidity? I... have my doubts.

I also have a sunburn because I went to the beach yesterday and waded around in shorts and a tanktop. I didn't have enough sunscreen, so despite the cloud cover, I came home radiating heat and cherry-toned lol. Mostly, it just itches, thankfully, so that's good.

The bruise on my thigh continues to clear very slowly, but that's to be expected. It feels smoother after its soak in the ocean yesterday, too.

But you're not here to listen to me blather about skin problems, you're here about crochet!

And I did manage to do some work this week - more than I worried I'd be able to!

Just... not what I'm supposed to be working on.

Any guesses?

Once upon a time, before the days of Quarantine and COVID-19, I would go to my local bookstore and look at their selection of fiction, knick-knacks, silly punny socks and totes, and yes, occasionally, I'd look for crochet books.

See, crochet books? They're expensive. If you want to get them, it's best to get them from a secondhand store. Now, during one of these pre-plague visits (in fact, years ago!), I found this book:

Which I highly recommend

In this book, there's a bunch of very weird amigurumi designs, and I'm working from the one on the top-right ;)

That's right, Cthulhu rises from the YarnCave.

Anyway, I'm pretty beat right now - it's been two fairly sleepless nights due to the spider in my room continually escaping and lying in wait - so I'm probably gonna go upstairs and fry in the heat, maybe take a nap, I dunno lol :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!