Thursday, July 30, 2020

Thursday Art Walk - Hot Town Summer in the Yarn Cave


In Which It's STILL HOT

I am but a wilting desert flower. Or dessert flower. Not sure which.

What I do know is that I love drawing Dedbert!

"Breakfast En Plein Air" sketch; 2020

"Breakfast En Plein Air" colors, wax crayon and graphite on printer paper; 2020

Yes, that's Dedbert in the shade of a pink and blue umbrella, frying eggs on the road. I might not live in Petaluma, CA but since it's currently 85℉ (29.4℃) with 50% humidity, it feels like it wouldn't be hard to fry an egg outside. 

Some morons are outside racing around with terrible engines on what sounds like a couple of dirt bikes, and I can't help but hope that when they get home, they discover they've blown something vital and cannot bike again this month. What can I say, engine sounds annoy me.

Anyway, this morning I was awakened by Quackageddon - the neighbors' ducks were furiously quacking at the wild Mallards who eat under our bird feeder sometimes, which the Mallards were heartily ignoring as they chowed down. It was deafening, but since it's freaking ducks, I also couldn't take it seriously, so I woke up overheated yet smirking because it was hilarious. Then I had to hustle outside and breakup a brawl among the four squirrels who are currently stuffing their faces under our feeder. If it's just a pair of squirrels throwing down, I leave them be, but when you have multiples, their tail fur can actually tangle and they get stuck together and it's really sad. It happens with rats, too, and that's nightmarish.

Imagine a ball of rats. Yikes. And I like rats!

So yeah, today's been a day (I also actually called for a hair appointment, so go me!), and I've only now gotten a chance to really settle in and post my artwork, but that's life, y'know? Sometimes there's other stuff we have to take care of before we can get the real work done.

If you were wondering about my bruises from the fall I took the other day, the one on my right knee is fading nicely into greens and yellows as it should. The one on my left thigh, however, still looks like a plum in the middle, fading out to navy and taupe at the edges. I'm actually photographing them and I might try to use some of the colors as a pallet in the future. I am, in fact, weird.

I'm also feeling a nap coming on (this weather, it promotes semi-mandatory naptimes), so I may take a break from the sketching and just... rest for a bit.

I hope all of you have a chance to rest and relax at some point today, too.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!