Monday, July 27, 2020

Fiber Monday - Ow My Elbows


I promise, I can explain

So... I really have been working on my crochet projects, but I haven't photographed any progress shots and now it's hard to take pictures because my elbows are very sore and getting the right angles is uncomfortable.

Why are my arms sore?

Because... uh... yeah... see... I... kinda sorta felldownthestairs.

I'm okay!

My ankle does this thing sometimes where it just decides to stop functioning properly and just folds in, crumpling me to the ground. It looks like I'm fainting, but I'm not! Thankfully, this usually happens on the sidewalk or when I'm walking around downstairs, and it only happens a couple of times per year...

But yesterday afternoon, while my very young nieces were over, it happened to me at the top of our stairs!

I wanted some cold water from the fridge, so I had a huge plastic cup in my hands, and when my ankle turned, it went flying ahead of me down the stairs. I pitched headlong, but thankfully my arms flailed just right and I grabbed the banister, stopping me only four or five steps down and allowing me to a) survive and b) sit gingerly on the steps while my heart tried to bust out of me.

Needless to say, I was quite shaken.

I had also, as I launched down the stairs, cursed at the top of my lungs. Right in front of the little ones.

So I'm really sorry about that, guys!

And after the freakout and fall, I went into the bathroom to put some antibiotic on my rugburn and saw a huge, raised bruise on my thigh. Now, I'm not a bruise-prone person, really. I'll get the little ones everyone gets from running into stuff, but it's been probably 20 years since I had a raised bruise, and I was freaking right the heck out. My family got me to calm down, handed me an ice pack, and I grabbed my cold water and went back upstairs.

I'm doing fine, though. The bruise is roughly the size of a duck egg, the swelling is almost gone, and it's slowly not stinging anymore. I figured my knees/ankles would be the sorest parts of me, but it's my elbows that hurt the most today. Still, thank you, arms. I'd probably be a lot worse off if not for them.

So tl;dr: No updates on the crochet bc my elbows hurt too much to crochet because I fell down the stairs like a moron, lol!

So see you tomorrow, guys!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!