Thursday, July 23, 2020

Thursday Art Walk


In Which It is Finally Not Heinously Warm!

It's a gray, sticky day, today. The breeze from the fan is clammy. My hair will not dry from this morning's shower.

I'm alright with this because I'm not boiling in my own skin! Sure it's still too warm for true comfort, but if you sit in the fan's breeze, it's not just bearable, it's kinda nice (by comparison to Tuesday, at least).

Last night, my cat snuggled with me for about a half hour, just flopped on the floor at the top of the stairs, purring and being very sweet. We laid next to each other like that until some of my hair slipped free and she zeroed in on it as a plaything. Thankfully, she soft-paws things at the start of playtime, and she realized it was attached to me pretty quickly and gave me an apologetic headbonk before laying down a little further away, cuddling with a fabric mushroom.

Cats are weird, y'all.

Which is why I decided to share a rough sketch of a cat with you, today.

"Captain Killstreak, NO!"; graphite on sketchpad, 2020

I know Cap Killstreak (the cat's name) doesn't look like most cats, but that's because he's a dwarf Scottish fold sitting on his stumpy hind legs, about to push a coffee mug off of a table.

He's one of the characters from a story I've been working on called Sorcery Con Leche. Killstreak's owner, a down-on-his-luck barista, finds out there's such a thing as magic. Killstreak starts talking to him, and it all goes downhill from there.

I won't be working too much on SCL, though, because I need to finish my wrestling story, first. I also need a name for it.

That'll about do it for me, today.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!