Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Talk About Tuesday - Wow, Summer Really Is Here Isn't It


In Which Today Was Toasty As Heck

So remember how I was whining about the heat? What a wimp! It reached a Real Feel of about 100℉ (~38℃). Yes, the ambient was in the low 90s, but that's not much of a difference is it?! It was so hot that bringing the temperature down to 82℉ (~28℃) felt like heaven, and it was a good thing I got to borrow the small AC for that. I will try not to abuse the privilege (though man, do I miss it - it's so much stickier in here without it).

If you're from an arid climate, you may be snickering to yourself about how week I am, but boy, living on the coast? Heat is never the issue.

It's that humidity.

You should not feel like you're drowning when you go to pick up a pizza or get the mail.

This week I'm going to continue working on my book (I'm on page 12 of Part 2!) and on my art. I've begun trawling YouTube for videos teaching me how to use Paint.Net, since it's not entirely intuitive if digital art is foreign to you. I hope to learn how to make a bunch of cool pixel art, soon, so keep an eye out for that!

Speaking of the pixel art!

I'd love to experiment with some restricted pallets so if you find a specific pallet you really like, feel free to comment it or something! I know there are some pretty famous pallets relating to 8-, 16-, and 32-bit video games, but feel free to send me any of those you find either on Twitter or in the comments! I'm really looking forward to these experiments as I slowly peck my way through the fog background I'm slowly creating for that Noir project...

But yeah, aside from discovering by accident today that I can crochet, there's not a lot to update you with. It's hot. It's sticky. I'm constantly drowsy from the heat, so I'm constantly consuming caffeine to offset that. Regardless, I'm feeling pretty good about my work, and I hope to share more cool stuff with you soon!

Heck, this might even be the year I figure out how to animate sprites...

Who knows?

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!