Thursday, July 2, 2020

Thursday Art Walk: Outlining

In Which I Can Explain, I Swear

Sorry about flaking on Tuesday - I was a bit busy with everything I was up to, including some (very faint) artwork. I can't show you the background of the Noir piece I'm working on, but I can show you the (very ugly) blocking I'm doing to make sure of my layout.


Layout1; digital; 2020
As you can see, I'm not going for "good" on this outline - I just want it to guide me. And trust me when I say: there is a lot going on here that I haven't added.

The image will be of a woman holding a flashlight and approaching a dilapidated mill or warehouse, the buildings on either side of which are misshapen like they're seen through a bottle. There might be a car nearby with a zombie in it, and a strange man is lurking either on a rooftop or a tree...

It should have something of a neon noir vibe by the time I'm done, I hope...

For now, though, it's a bunch of crappy shapes telling me where to put things.

I might take the zombie out of the car and put him in an alley... make him more lurkery and less... just there.

But that's what outline/layout days are for!

How is everyone else's art going?

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!