Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Talk About Tuesday: STILL TOO HOT


In Which It's Super Freakin Hot

Uggggggggghhhhhhhhh.

I've had 2 liters of water and I'm still fighting dehydration. It's stupid hot today. I was right. It felt like it was in the 90s today - that's Fahrenheit. It wasn't 10 degrees below boiling.

Sure felt like it, though.

Today has been unproductive, so far, though I did get to witness my partner catching an irate hornet the size of his thumb in a Prongles can. No, that's not a typo. My partner has one of the Prongles cans from the Cards Against Humanity fundraiser a while back. To those who are concerned for the wellbeing of the stinging, window-chewing pollinator, yes, it was released, furious, into the world once more. No one objects to the creature living. It just can't live in the house.

Meanwhile, back in the Yarn Cave, today was a comedy of errors. Comedy in the sense that, if you weren't the one living through it all, it was hilarious. 
  • I got up too early after sleeping too little
  • I tried to take a shower, only to discover the laundry going at the same time, resulting in a very unpleasant shower that barely washed the soap off of me. Ick.
  • I had a floof of cat hair in my breakfast coffee and the cat followed this up with trying to steal my toast.
  • It was officially too hot to see my partner face-to-face today which sucked, but we'll make up for it tomorrow lol.
  • I made coffee and a snack to bring upstairs while I work, but I must've been on autopilot and now I am filled with regret, caffeine, and insomnia.
    • why? The snack was chocolate covered espresso beans. With coffee. After 6:30. Oops.
So today has not been the most cooperative, if you ask me (which no one did, but I'm a blabbermouth, so here ya go).

Hopefully, tomorrow is cooler, nicer, and more productive. I'll try to do some art tonight, maybe some writing.

Currently, it's getting dark in here, but if I turn on the lights, I'll be inundated with gnats from outside (they fly towards the light and get sucked into my fan, it's gross).

So this week (and the rest of the summer) is going to be based on an if-the-weather-is-okay basis lol. I still plan on posting art on Thursday, but aside from that, who knows lol.

Alright, that's all the blog-focus I have for right now - I'm gonna go refill my water bottle, flush the caffeine from my system, and try to do some real work on my book. I'm going to finish this thing before 2021, even if it kills me.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!