Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Fiber Talk Tuesday Whoops

I'm A Slacker And I'm Sorry

So I had a whole blog prepped for yesterday and just... never uploaded it. In my defense, I haven't been able to concentrate for more than 10 minutes at a time the last couple days, but... yeah, I feel like a lazy moron.

So today, you get both a Fiber Monday and a Talk About Tuesday:

The Shawl

The Magnificent Marge shawl might not look much bigger, but it's got a whole new set of fans on it, and I'm pleased with how it's coming along, though I worry that the pink will run out before the second part does...

A 2.75mm hook and two different 2.25mm hooks

I mentioned that I picked up a new 2.25mm hook and then immediately found my favorite one, right? Because I did. And the new hook (gold) feels way bigger than the old one. Like... it feels and crochets like the 2.75mm hook, not a 2.25mm hook... if I can find my dad's calipers I'll measure the shafts and report back on the veracity. I am guessing it's more of a 2.35 or even a 2.5 than a 2.25 :|


The Shrug
 Oh the shrug. What a shrug. It's coming along, but boy am I not looking forward to finishing it. Making the sleeves on my niece's shrug was a bit of a trial (after all, I didn't have her available to model, and it was hovering around the mid-80s...). Not seen in the above image is how far the shawl drapes off of the sides of that nice wooden tv tray...

This is the worst photo of the color I've ever seen.

In no way does this yarn look like a flamingo in real life. It looks way more orange (though still a definite pink orange, like a salmon or a sunset). Still, that picture gives a good look at the lace stitch!


Today has been taken up mostly by writing and art. I lost my progress on the Noir background, sadly, when my laptop battery died and shut down the computer unexpectedly. I have the last battery that'll work for this and it's only at 77% health, so I will likely need to upgrade.

I will enjoy having more speed and a better screen, but there are features on this laptop that none of the ones I'd be moving to have - like a number pad for ease of color-adjusting on Paint.net and a dvd-drive for when I want to use physical media :( I don't like that laptops don't account for that anymore.

This has been a rough week in a rough month in a rough season in a rough year, and I'm pretty emotionally exhausted, much like everyone else. I think I'll log off of here for the day and write more.

Here's the plan for this week:

  • Write more
  • Art more
  • Read more
  • I'll be back on Thursday with some art updates :)
  • Next Monday I'll have more progress to show you.

I think that'll about do it for me!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!