Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Talk About Tuesday - Insomnia, Sunburns, and Happiness


In Which Today Was Long But Also Nice

I've been up since... well... yesterday really - not a whole lot of sleep the last few nights. It's a struggle to make myself sleep most of the time, but I can feel it breaking tonight. I'm pleasantly sleepy without being exhausted.

As for the sunburn... I went to the beach a couple days ago (there weren't too many people, we were all 10' or more apart), and despite the sunscreen I wore, my chest, shoulders, and back got roasted. I am very pink today, and everything is itchy and sore. Still, I got to find a bunch of hermit crabs and there was a small fish that kept nibbling on my toes, so that was a good time :)

I got to eat so much good food today, though, guys. So much good food. I had some spicy tuna rolls from the local grocery store (nowhere near as good as at Suzuki's, but I had neither money nor time to pick up amazing fresh sushi today, and I needed some spicy tuna in my life). I had some chocolate pocky. I had some awesome peanut noodles from Taste of Thai with some Big Katsu tonkatsu jerky cut up in it (and boy was that awesome!). I had chocolate covered espresso beans. I had roast chicken with mashed potatoes and string beans.

In short, I'm pleasantly full after a very tasty day.

I played Breath of the Wild, I watched my partner play (I think) No Mercy on the N64. I watched YouTube vids. I wrote and helped my partner write.

Today was a good day!

Except for the weather.

Now don't get me wrong - the temperature today was perfect. It was warm but not hot, humid but not sticky. The problems really only started tonight - high winds, intermittent downpours, mist, fog, steam... it is messy out there. The local power company is bot-calling people to warn them ahead of time about the possible outages

Usually a storm like this seems to reset the weather to a more comfortable state, but not this one. No, sir. This one will squall all night, and then the rest of the week should be pretty gross.

So I am not looking forward to overheating and sweltering after such a messy night as this.

But...

I'm feeling pretty dang content right now.

I may have died less than halfway through the Middle Trials of the Sword, but I got writing done, I did some crochet, and I cuddled my cat.

I spent time with someone I love.

Today was a good day.

I'm not gonna go full Ice Cube on you (I'm no where near as cool as him...), so I leave you with this:

  • Tomorrow I will sleep in.
  • Thursday I will draw.
  • Who knows about this weekend.
  • Monday I will crochet.
  • Next Tuesday I will blather.
That'll about do it for me tonight.

Good night!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!