Thursday, August 6, 2020

Thursday Art Walk - Feline Escape Artists


In Which I Have Sketched A Kitty!

Oh man, guys, I love my cat. She's adorable, she's been super snuggly lately, and her tongue-bleps are adorbs. She's just so cute! Love the kitties.

Except for one small problem.

Evie loves to try to escape.

I ordered a pizza today and had to go toss her in my mom's room or she'd have bolted when I opened the front door! She was... not happy with me when I let her back out (don't worry, it was literally 3 minutes, I timed it). So I gave her a little bacon as an apology.

Her desperation to escape is fairly ridiculous, since 1) we have large predators around here who could eat her in two bites, 2) she is literally afraid of the wind and we're having 20mph (21kph) gusts right now, and 3) she cannot climb down from trees when she goes up them. This is why she is not permitted outside unchaperoned. Poor baby.

But her eagerness to experience the summer firsthand inspired me! So have a picture of Captain Killstreak, the talking cat from my coffee-shop-wizard-story, trying to sneak outside:

"Escape Attempt" pen & graphite sketch; 2020

Captain Killstreak is a lilac point Scottish Fold/Himalayan mix. He's floofy, stumpy, grumpy, and cute. In Tim-the-magical-barista's defense, he simply adopted a tiny stray he found in the alley behind the coffee-shop he used to work at - he wasn't looking for some kind of designer kitty! Still, the little guy is a terror, murderizing any bugs who get in the apartment and constantly trying to get outside. Once Tim starts understanding Cap, he feels a pang of guilt over getting him snipped and chipped, but thankfully it was early enough that Cap doesn't really remember, and he doesn't miss his bits (he's noticed that Toms tend to have a hard time thinking clearly, after all...).

But enough about a story that's months away from my workstation!

How has your guys' week been going? Have you had any artistic bursts?

If you haven't yet, go try to doodle something! It's fun!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!