Thursday, August 27, 2020

Thursday Art Walk - Fall(ish)

 

It's A Very Fallish Day!

Today, it's a lovely cool day, though the clouds are quite threatening, to be honest. There's a steady breeze, the cat is... in a mood, but that's normal, and I'm finally comfortable. We just came off a week of temperatures in the upper 70s to low 80s (23.8℃-28℃), but today it's a cool, comfortable 67℉ (19.4℃) and I couldn't be happier with it. I'm actually wearing pants. It's awesome.

Because I'm in a comfortable mood today, I decided to go outside my comfort zone a bit and draw something I could actually see instead of making things up:


"Above the Sink"; graphite on sketchpad, 2020

This is a very closeup view of what's sitting above my sink, though I turned the candle into a coffee mug lol. The tiny pot of orchids sits next to a little soapstone bear that my mother got a long time ago, and he sits next to a plain white candle (in case my mother's feeling a little... pyrophillic while she does the dishes). There are other things up there, a small statuette of two birds on a log that can be lit from the inside with tealights is a little way away from the orchids, and on the other side of the candle are a corked bottle of sea glass and a cat grass planter with a tiny egg-shaped piece of sea-tumbled granite in between.

It's what I see every day during my coffee time. It's very, very familiar to me.

I plan on scanning the image onto my computer later, maybe playing around with my tablet and coloring it in? The orchids are such a bright fuchsia and the pot has a lavender top, but the rest are all... gray or white, to be honest. It's not a very dynamic color pallet lol.

Speaking of dynamic color pallets...

Portrait of an Artist Round the Bend

I just couldn't resist sharing this family portrait of myself in my cozy new flannel shirt, my boy Dedbert, and our crocheted pumpkin, Lenny (I just made that up, the pumpkin doesn't actually have a name). I know most of the people who read this blog are friends or family in my real day-to-day life, but just in case, I'm... not ready for a face reveal on the blog. Another time, perhaps lol!

So that's today - a cool, calm day of coffee and art. And trying to give my cat her allergy pill (which I failed at and now I feel guilty for stressing her out and also failing to get her allergy meds into her...) but that's not really germane to this blog lol!

Also, you may have notice that I've missed a couple of Tuesdays lately? That's because I'm usually quite busy on Tuesdays, now. I think I'll start writing my Talk-About-Tuesdays on Monday night and just publishing them when I get up - that way I'm not just posting two blogs a week!

Anyway, that'll about do it for me. My coffee is empty, and I feel like snuggling into my sheets for either a nap or just a nice snuggle session with Dedbert and a copy of Dashiell Hammett's novels.


Go Enjoy Something!

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!