Monday, November 23, 2020

Fiber Monday - Blizzard Watch 2020

 

The Leaves Have Fallen, Time To Think Chilly!

Somebody is typing this sleepily from their bed.

It me.

I meant to write this blog earlier today, but I've been busy with book stuff, brewing two separate pots of tea (more on that tomorrow lol), making Yakisoba, and crocheting up a storm. Almost literally.

See, as soon as the last leaf falls, I start to ease out of Autumn Mode and tumble slowly towards the Winter. Since it's the last week of November, that's fine.

Basically, what happens is this: I start crocheting my Christmas gifts for everyone right before Thanksgiving, they're finished (hopefully) by Christmas itself, and then I keep going past New Years with winter-themed items which usually find a home in one of my mom's decoration totes in the cellar until the next year.

This year, I've resolved to make snowflakes. A lot of snowflakes. As many as I have white thread for.

Since I realized last week that I'd utterly botched at least three early rows of that spiderweb doily, I'm going to frog it and cannibalize that thread for more snow. Here's what I've got so far (sans two, which had fallen out of the pile as I transferred it onto my coziest blanket for the photo op!):


This year's blizzard is coming along nicely!

Snowflakes are especially fun to work on when it's pouring rain outside (I'm being a tad sarcastic there), but it's a fairly mindless process once you have the first section of each round done. They tend to be the same pattern six to twelve times in a round. Thankfully, they're also one of the most common types of pattern on the internet and you can find dozens of varieties for free!

Next year, probably starting January 1, I plan to make at least 100 snowflakes throughout the year, and I hope to sell them come next November, so... keep your eyes peeled!

For now, though, this batch needs to be woven in, pressed, blocked, and starched. Then I can worry about the next batch :)

Wow, my eyes are really heavy right now - it's nearly midnight lol.

Go Enjoy Something, folks!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!