Thursday, November 19, 2020

Thursday Art Walk: Pixels & Bubbles

 

In Which I Made An Art!

I know my abstract stuff has been... somewhat scattered as of late. I have been experimenting on Paint.net with different ways to do things, and I finally bit the bullet, turned of anti-aliasing, dragged the hardness to 100%, and made the line quality "pixellated".

Hence today's title.

I didn't know right away if the paintbrushes would retain the sharp edges I was looking for, but eventually, I realized I was good to go! I will say this, though - I was maybe too conservative in my circle-drawing.

"Signis"; digital art; 2020

I really like this palette, which I got from Coolers, which is fun as heck to use. I took the 5 basic colors and then carefully blended them together, one by one, by moving the alpha back to about 227 and layering the two, then using the eyedropper to add that color onto my new palette. I ended up with 15 colors total, and I used every one!

I did make one error, though - I put a 2 pixel block in the wrong spot, but by the time I noticed, I had already made several new layers so I just... put another lil block in the right spot lol.

I am very thrilled with the saturation! I think I'll go for full Alpha on future projects instead of my usual attempts at layering... unless.... hmmmmm.... Stay tuned for future experiments!

Alright, I have a novel to write, so y'all stay chill and

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!