Thursday, November 5, 2020

Thursday Art Walk - Final Witches and Faux Marketing

 

In Which There Are Witches
And Dedbert Has Ideas


It's been an exciting week, artistically, since last we blathered! I finished the last of my witches for Witchtober 2020, and they look pretty rad, if I do say so myself lol!

"Elizabeth"; Wildcard Witch; 2020

I may have taken Elizabeth's prompt a bit too seriously. I know that when you have a prompt list, like that of A_Ginger_Witch's, the term "Wildcard" tends to mean "Draw Whatever You Want," but I hate having that kind of freedom during a challenge (weird, I know). I just decided, you know what? 1910s witch lady playing cards. Her pose was awkward without something for her to rest her hand on, and I didn't want to draw a boring old table, so I gave her a weird looking dog. I look forward to redrawing her some day, because she's awesome and I love her outfit.

"Capy"; Pumpkin Witch; 2020

I couldn't not draw a capybara as a witch, guys. It was a requirement. After all, I was a capybara for Halloween this year, complete with a crocheted tangerine on a headband lol.

There they are! The final witches of 2020! But I finished those on Halloween, so what did I do for today?!

Dedbert was chatting with his dad, my partner, the other day, and they were talking about the Ovaltine I'd made earlier. Dedbert was a bit upset that owls cannot drink Ovaltine, so he has decided to make a malted beverage for owls! Being a very proud parent, I, of course, want to support my boy in all of his endeavors, so this is what we came up with:

"Owlvaltine! This New Malted Beverage is Really For The Birds!"; digital; 2020


Isn't he a clever young fellow?

That's my boy :)

Alright, that'll about do it for me this week!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!