Monday, November 2, 2020

Fiber Monday - Fall Gifting

In Which My Knuckles Are Sore


Wouldn't ya know it, trying to make birthday presents over the course of a few days is inadvisable.

I had been crocheting nonstop the whole week leading up to Halloween because my older siblings' birthday was being celebrated that day. I knew what I wanted to make for them, and thankfully I was able to acquire the supplies (a new skein of black worsted weight yarn!) and crank out a pair of adorable sweater gourds!

Uh... now that I think about it, maybe I shouldn't call them that...

Anywho, I worked very hard! I used one strand each of a worsted weight yarn and a very interesting novelty yarn that gave this brilliant nubbly texture to the pumpkins!

Yes, I used the same exact pattern for both.
Yes, they came out different.

For the stems, I used a kind of rough almost homespun-looking yarn I found in a Goodwill bag years ago, and I filled them with standard polyfill. They are, if I may say so, freakin adorable.

I hope my siblings like them!

I also made a smaller pumpkin, but I failed to snap a pic of that, and I'll probably make at least one more (remember that wool pumpkin I made last year with the bean stitch? Yeah, it's missing, so I need to replace it lol).

All in all, it was a very successful weekend. I even managed to make a small cat doll that might find a home this Christmas...

That'll probably do it from me - got a lot of writing to do this month, since it's NaNoWriMo :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!