Monday, March 7, 2022

Fiber Monday

 

Still No Thread
Hat Instead


As you may guess by the above caption, I still have not had a chance to scoot down to the ol Wally and grab some red crochet thread for the Mystery Project, which will have to be on hold until such a time as appropriate thread is procured. However, I have managed to make a Size Large Seed Stitch Beanie from Kirsten Holloway Designs, and let me tell you, that was fun!

I had completely forgotten how fun it can be to make a hat!

I used my clear orange plastic I hook (5.5mm) and about 2/3 of a skein of Red Heart Unforgettable in Polo, and I ended up with a very very cute hat!

A very cute hat indeed!


I don't think I've ever done front post single crochet or back post single crochet before, but I really do like the rib effect it gives, and my oh my do I love me a good half-double crochet in the 3rd loop (those fun ridges)! Seed stitch, or lemon peel stitch, is still really fun, and I look forward to continuing to work with it!

I do, however have to get my act together on picking up that thread, though. I can't abandon the poor Mystery Project forever.

And I have some Mother's Day gifts to work on, too.

The hat, by the way, is lovely and soft and stretchy, and while my noggin does not at all qualify as "large-to-xl", the hat still stays put, and the stretchiness tells me that I could absolutely get away with a smaller version!

As for the bit of yarn I have left over... I maaaaay make something... critterlike from it. Unforgettable is such a smooth, shiny yarn that it'd absolutely make a cute little art doll or amigurumi for someone who doesn't play rough...

And I do have that whole box of eyes...

Let us see what we can do with a little yarn and a lot of practice!

And Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!