Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Am A Bit Scattered


Since I'm starting this at about 10:30pm on Tuesday, it'll probably be a Talk About Wednesday, for most of you, but hey, I'm trying lol!

Today has been a day of chasing my cat around, experimenting with yarn (new project? Maybe after the Mystery Project is done...), chastising deer, and eating delicious leftover boiled dinner. Doesn't sound like a lot when I say it like that, but trust me, today was a long one.

Now, I usually love hanging out outdoors with my cat - especially when she's chasing leaves and stomping them into crispy submission - but today was a surprisingly cold one. It was one of those days where the sun feels warm, but the wind is whipping around so hard that you end up being sandblasted by road salt and gravel. It may have been about 40℉/4,44℃, but it probably felt like maybe 32℉/0℃. And it wasn't even that sunny. It was mostly cloudy with a few moments of warmer sun. And Evie was... uncooperative when it came to wanting to go back inside. My hands are still a little chilly, and that was around 1pm!

We have had a lot of critters in the back yard lately, too! The deer have been... awful. They're raiding the bird feeders and they have zero fear of me, which is probably not healthy for them. They're heckin chonkers now, too. We've seen the hawk a couple of times, and it has probably been feeding better closer to Main Street, since that's where the pigeons congregate when they're not in my yard or copulating on the roof above my bed. Please stop that, pigeons. Please.

The ducks have been by a few times, and we have had two confirmed sightings of a chipmunk! Unfortunately, the chipmunk may be wearing out their welcome, because I found some awfully suspicious holes next to my house's foundation today when I was walking Evie around. Chippy, please stay outside. Evie did tumble you last year and if she catches you indoors, you will end up battered.

My dinner tonight was a rehash (badum tss) of the corned beef dinner we had on Sunday. It was kind of a deconstructed bubble & squeak, since my mom stir-fried the cabbage & onions together, but she used three frying pans total! She had one for the cabbage & onions, one for the mixed veg (rutabaga because there were no turnips left, carrots, and potatoes), and one for the slices of corned beef. They were truly just as delightful for a Tuesday dinner as they were for Sunday's dinner.

I have some idea of what I'm going to do this week, but we'll see. I also need to start planning out how I want April to go, so there's that, too lol!

Tomorrow/Wednesday is gonna be a day of me just scrambling around like a squirrel on a pallet of Red Bull, figuring out what to draw for Thursday.

Thursday will be me drawing and doing art. I have ideas, though I don't know if they'll work yet, that's what Wednesday is about lol.

Friday - Sunday will be me working on the Mystery Project, getting it to a point where I can share a new section of the pattern! (We shall see if that red thread actually works - sometimes it looks right by lamplight and then I take a photo and it's suuuuuuper different!)

Next Monday I'll have more crochet to share!

Next Tuesday, hopefully, I'll remember to post the blog before midnight lol!

Anyway, that's it for me today. I should go brush my teeth and go to bed so I'm not useless tomorrow!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!