Monday, December 12, 2022

Snowmageddon Week 3

 

In Which The Blizzard Has Fallen To Flurries...


This week has been rough for working on stuff. I've been struggling with insomnia again, and it's resulted in a meager 3 snowflakes (the Sun Star by Renata Saj, the Mykonos snowflake by blueraindrops, and this snowflake from bestfreecrochet). The three of them took a total of 2 hours and 11 minutes or so, and they didn't use up that much thread. The last snowflake was the hardest, despite only taking about 45 minutes. The first holds its shape very very well and is a fun challenge, taking me a little over an hour to complete!

I have worked a lot on other gifts that I cannot post here (yet), and I've actually started writing a pattern to be shared in probably January.

Aside from that, though, here are this week's flurries:

Clockwise from top: bestfreecrochet, Sun Star, and Mykonos

The plan for tomorrow is (besides blogging) to sew in the ends on these and start starching and blocking them. I'll do my best to take process shots.

If I sleep tonight, the chances of there being process shots are much higher lol.

I think sewing in ends will take the longest - there's a *lot* of flakes. The ironing, pinning & starching should take maybe half that time, with the rest of the day being all drying time. After that, it's just a matter of finding some ornament hangers and badabing badaboom, we've got ornaments.

I'm debating whether or not to use proper laundry starch or to try an experiment with clear glitter glue...

Regardless, Snowmageddon is nearly done for 2022.

I can't wait to be able to show off more and different projects (especially some of the crazier items I've been working on for my friends & family!!!)

If you guys have any free pattern suggestions or project ideas, please do feel free to comment below - my brain likes to get stuck in loading mode sometimes, so a gentle nudge one way or another is always appreciated.

I'm going to get back to work on my gift list, so I hope you enjoyed today's peak at what I'm up to!

And Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!