Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

Crunch Time Approacheth


Well, despite my best efforts this year, The Christmas Crunch is coming.

That's what I get for having 3 siblings, 3 niblings, and several family pets, I guess lol.

On the one hand, I have plenty of snowflakes, and if I make more tonight (which is my plan), then I'll have more than enough to give as backup gifts. On the other hand, I've given my family members snowflakes for the last two years, so it'd be nice to change things up.

I've finished at least three non-snowflake projects, one of which is in use already (cat sweater), one is going to its owner tomorrow (a tree), and something that will wait until Christmas to go to its owner (it's a secret to everyone!). I'm working on another couple tonight, and hopefully that will leave me free to dedicate tomorrow to art.

And yes, it's still more than two weeks to Christmas, and yes, that's a lot of time....

Except that it really isn't.

No, it's not enough time that I don't have to worry about running out. I have 7 groups of people to make things for with a total of 24 gifts to make. Of those 24 gifts, half are snowflakes, which I already have done, so that's 50% complete there. Of the remaining 12 gifts, I've finished... 1.

Hoo boy.

That being said, having a 54% completion rate on gifts in the first week of December is unheard of for me, so maybe I should calm down?

That being said, a couple of my projects are... bigger. So I really should be working on them.

And the yarn is allllll the way across my room because of course it is.

Le Sigh.

Anyway, that's going to be my week - coping with the yo-yo weather (it got to 50℉/10℃ again today for some ungodly reason), crocheting till my knuckles ache, practicing my art on the 2-in-1, and posting that art on Thursday. Next Monday, you'll probably see my neatly pressed & starched snowstorm, and next Tuesday, I'll be back on the internet to probably whine and cry about how much work I've given myself instead of going out and buying gifts like every other sane human being lol.

Such is the life of the slightly mad crafter.

I think I'll get back to sewing beads onto surprise crochet projects with some Supplemax Ultra I bought ages ago. Maybe I'll surprise myself and finish something big tonight?

And if you have any interest in pushing me in a particular direction for that art on Thursday, feel free to send me a coffee over on Ko-Fi with a message telling me which category you'd like me to work from (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Dedbert, Location, Geometric, Word).

And don't forget to Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!