Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I *should* do things...
But I probably won't.


I am both extremely bored and incredibly unmotivated today, and that isn't a bad thing.

I know, usually I complain about lack of motivation and I get concerned, but this doesn't feel like a Depressive Episode.

It feels like rest.

The most complicated thing I've done today was refill the kettle to make more coffee. I'm not getting anything creative done today, I don't think.

And why shouldn't I rest?

It was... not a great week leading up to Christmas. A lot of things went horribly awry, especially during that awful storm on Friday. People I love lost power, were injured by the storm, were incredibly stressed out, and/or were sick. Some were various combinations of the above. My father is one of the sick ones - he gets the Christmas Crud every year (possibly because he's the only one of us who plays in the pit band for the high school musical, now, and he gets exposed to all those teenager germs), and this year's is really quite nasty.

The difference between Friday and Sunday was indescribable. Not only did we get up to find a thin peppering of snow on the ground (not a white Christmas by any means, but better than we expected), but the winds, which had been howling between 35-75mph since Friday had finally calmed to a much more reasonable 10-20mph.

The day was made up of steady feasting, starting with a delightful set of cheese boards my mother set up - pepper jelly with cream cheese, cheddar jack, and white cheddar on some crackers. I made fancy Mexican hot chocolate that was thicker and richer than a millionaire mukbanger's arteries. Gifts were opened, joy was shared, and it was honestly just a fantastic day!

Yesterday was pretty great, too! I rested a lot, ate some snacks (I got so much chocolate), and just hung out on the internet.

Today, I've also been resting. I need it, apparently, since my elbows and hands are sore.

I plan to, tomorrow, work on some art. My friends got me a really neat watercolor set that I'll be checking out and photographing. First, I'll swatch the colors (which are helpfully labeled - a first for watercolor sets I've gotten since I got back into painting), and then I'll paint something! Don't know what I'll paint yet, but I'll be working on it.

As for the rest of December (which is only a few more days, yikes!) I plan to have one more post besides the Thursday Art Walk, and that will be on Saturday, December 31.

In it, I'll tell you my ideas for the coming year!

After that, we'll see how things go :)

For now, though, I think it's time to watch videos and relax for a few more hours.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!