Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Year's Eve 2022

 

It's the Last Day of 2022.
So here are the plans for next year.
Tentatively.


I don't tend to do New Year's Resolutions. The world and my body are both unpredictable, so I'm quite hesitant to make promises of any kind.

This year, as I watch the fog roll in on an unseasonably warm evening and listen to the dogs bark, I feel even less inclined than usual to make major commitments.

But I really should write something down, shouldn't I? I should have goals and dreams and things I want to do!

So here they are - my plans for 2023:

  • Write every day!
    • Maybe I should post a wordcount for my daily totals on Twitter (or somewhere else, if the bird dies)
  • Draw every day!
    • I'd post the best on Thursdays, but ideally I'd post everything on Instagram?
    • Also I should upload more designs to RedBubble.
  • Take at least one picture every day!
    • Probably gonna be a lot of cat pics, probably will upload most to my Insta.
  • Make more videos
    • Ideally, I'd make a slide show every so often to show what my total progress, arts/crafts wise, is with a MegaCompliation at the end of December? I have no clue.
  • Cook at least once
    • I'd love to cook once a week, but that's a rough commitment in a shared space.
  • finish everyone's Christmas gifts before December 12th
    • Unlikely, but an idea. I have... thoughts on what to make for everyone.
  • Crochet every day!
    • I'd love to finish a snowflake and work on a larger project every day.
  • Figure out a way to sell original artworks and/or pictures.

If I even hit half these goals, I think I'd be doing amazingly. The most important goals are the Daily ones - Art, Writing, Crochet. Everything else is gravy.

I'll be honest - the idea of selling commissions terrifies me. I've seen the horror stories. I've heard of the chargebacks, the fraud, the people with unrealistic expectations. It's why I do my Categories (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Location, Dedbert, Geometric, Word). You can't be disappointed if you don't have final say over the end product, right?

An idea I have had in the past was to offer Blind Boxes/Bags of art or crochet. You don't know what you'll get for a specific price that never changes. The problem with that, of course, would be shipping.

In order to turn even a tiny profit (if there is such a thing as profit in art...) I'd have to charge way more than I'd be comfortable with. And I just don't really feel comfortable doing a digital-only sales. Not only do I not trust PayPal to not be a turd about things (they're notorious for screwing over artists), but I don't know enough about digital art sales to be comfortable selling an image to someone else when all I'd know how to do is send them a jpg or png via email...

I'd love some suggestions and ideas.

In fact, if anyone has anything they'd like to see from this blog, please oh please comment on here and let me know! Since I have to moderate comments, you'll 100% know I saw your comment lol.

What kinds of hopes do you all have for 2023? And how weird is it that 2023 is upon us? It feels like yesterday that I was whining about August heat or March snows...

So that's my thoughts on the last day of 2022. I hope the new year brings good things and wanted change.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!