Monday, January 2, 2023

Fiber Monday

 

Happy New Year, Folks!


It has come to pass that I am now... completely unsure of what to make. I've started three different projects - a coaster (complete), a bag, and a washcloth.

But I don't really think they're what I want to make this month.

I think what I want to do is make another shawl.

I have a nice one - made it from a cheap baby yarn I picked up at probably a Jo-Ann's with a friend of mine - but I don't want to wear it to death.

And I have another big skein of worsted weight yarn that I'd like to wear in some way.

So I'm probably going to try and turn that into a shawl in some way.

This poor skein, too.

I've started so many projects with it - a Victorian vest, a hexagon cardigan, a lap blanket...

And now a Shawl. 

Perhaps this is the project I finish it with?

Top to bottom clockwise: The coaster, the bag, the washcloth

There is one other thing I'd like to do, crochet-wise, that I forgot to add in my New Year's blog... I want to make a scrap sweater.

Basically, my plan is to create a top-down sweater using only leftover scraps of yarn that remain after various projects this year. I have a lot of small scraps, so that should help. Do any of you have interest in seeing such a project? As for what I'd do after it was done, I'm not sure. Maybe I'd give it away as a gift. Maybe I'd keep it. Maybe I'd finally have an Etsy shop or something and sell it.

I'm thinking of calling it my Goblin Sweater. We'll see.

Anyway, that I think will do it for today - I still have a sketch to make and some story writing to do!

I'm very excited about this year's creativity quest ;)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!