Monday, January 9, 2023

Fiber Monday

 
In Which I'm Working On A Shawl

Last week I decided to crochet a shawl, and while I haven't finished yet, it's not for lack of trying. Not long after my decision to start the shawl, I ended up messing up my dominant arm, so there are several days where I didn't crochet anything. Here's what I've got so far:

19 minutes 18 seconds of work, 10" wide

40 minutes, 29 seconds of work (15" wide)

1 hour, 50 minutes, 16 seconds (26.5" wide)

2 hours, 2 minutes, 34 seconds (27" wide)

2 hours, 21 minutes, 3 seconds (29.5" wide)

3 hours, 19 minutes, 35 seconds (36.5" wide)

Each of these pictures represents how long I'd been working on the shawl and how wide it was at the time of each pictures. If the length of time seems both a bit arbitrary and a bit too on-the-nose, here's what I was up to...

I would put a random video up on YouTube while I worked then stop crocheting when the video ended. I'd then lay out the shawl, measure it, and write both the length of the video and the width of the shawl down on that paper. I'd also, obviously, photograph it. So yes, within 6 or so videos, I went from not having a shawl to having one that was almost 37 inches wide.

I'll keep working on it as I watch YouTube, recording times and widths. Hopefully it'll be done by next week!

Also, if you're embiggening the pics to take a closer look, you'll probably find that the times written down are different than the subtitles. That's because instead of writing down the total of how long I've been working, I've just been writing down how long the video I used as a timer was.

The yarn is CraftSmart Never Enough Multi in Turquoise/Mint, the hook is a J hook, by the way!

I think that'll about do it for today's blog. Next week I should have more!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!