Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which This Week Has Been... Weird


My insomnia has been misbehaving again this week, which means a lot of late nights spent too braindead to work on anything but also I wake up at noon so there's no point in starting anything (according to my brain).

That being said, today I finished a very big crocheted square, started a stitch swatch using some scrap yarn. I will have to remember to put my J hook back with the shawl before tomorrow otherwise I'll forget my place.

I also managed to write 131 words today! That means that, since last week, I've written 831 words! I'm really proud of myself for that. I only expected 100 words per day, so finding out that I beat my goal of 700 by as much as I have, I feel pretty great about it! Also, no one has been trapped in one place or one conversation for more than 24 hours of writing time. The action is moving right along. Pleased with that.

Artistically, however, I haven't been drawing or painting as much as I'd hoped. I just haven't felt artistic and frankly, I'm getting frustrated. This was supposed to be my year of art. I'll take a year of writing, but I'd hoped for more consistency with the art.

I'll just have to buckle down tonight, tomorrow, for the rest of the week.

Hopefully I'll manage to rein myself in and get to work.

As for the rest of the week, I hope to have some art to show you on Thursday, and then by next Monday, I'll have that shawl and probably some scrapwork (like that square and the swatch).

I'm going to focus on my art tonight, maybe finish this swatch, maybe add even more onto tonight's wordcount. I feel (for now) a spark of motivation, and I'm going to have to bully that little spark into a flame if I'm going to get anything done.

And I should probably ignore that urge to go play Pokemon SNAP...

Probably.

It's just that the weather has been so bad and my joints are all achey. It's very distracting. The last couple days have been constant ice storms and the whole town is a skating rink, so it's hard to go outside (also the air hurts my face).

Okay. That's the last whining I'll do tonight.

I'm going to go draw.

I promise.

Any minute now...

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

(PS: if you want a say in what I draw this week, go ahead and drop me a coffee over on Ko-Fi with a note telling me what category you want to see - Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Location, Geometric, Dedbert, Word)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!