Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Got Stuff!


Today's blog is by absolutely NO means a comprehensive "stuff I got for Christmas" list. It is, instead, more of a "Ooh, I will be using these gifts directly for the blog" blog, if that makes any sense.

I loved all of my gifts this year, but the paintbrushes, palette, and paper I showed last week weren't the only things that I got that'll be very useful as I continue my creative endeavors.

My folks were super kind to me and bought a huge kit of rotary tool attachments, which means I'll be able to polish more rocks, put holes in little twigs, and do all kinds of ridiculous things with found objects!

And one of my awesome friends gave me an ENORMOUS jar of buttons that I'm slowly sorting through. I currently have a 10oz mug full of white/pearly buttons and a bowl filled with Huge buttons.

The Goods (Along with an old case that is slowly being filled with the buttons from the jar)

Now, why would I be taking those buttons out of the jar, you may ask?

That's because I wanted to see if I could organize them by color and/or material. See the Micron pen in front of the stuff? That's for scale. Bare that scale in mind for when I tell you that the 10oz of white/pearly buttons is not even all of the pearly/white buttons. And that I have an almost equal number of bone or mother-of-pearl buttons. And that the front of the case will absolutely end up full of black, mother of pearl, and brown buttons (and Things What Aren't Buttons But Ended Up In The Jar).

Some of the buttons had tiny seed beads stuck in the eyes. Some still have metal loops from the cards they were mounted on at the time of purchase. Some are rusted. Some of the "buttons" have turned out to be hook-and-eye sets or snaps or glass baubles or any number of Non-Button Items. Some of the actual buttons have writing on them!

I look forward to properly categorizing my new button collection. Once that's done, I'll be able to put weird and awesome buttons on my finished crochet projects!!!

Unfortunately for me, today is a weird day to be doing all this sorting. I leaned too heavily on my right shoulder on Friday and have been sleeping on it nightly since. It is very angry with me today, stiff and sore and slightly swollen, but with ice and ibuprofen, and RESTING IT, I've gotten it to have a truce with me. Not a fun thing to wake up to, I must admit.

So I might have to experiment with my left hand for today's art.

And I may take a bit longer to write my 100+ words tonight.

And I'll have to sleep on my left side.

My stomach and esophagus will be so happy with me lol! They are constantly reminding me that sleeping on my right side is a bad idea.

I just don't like not facing the door.

And I don't like having my head in front of the window.

In order to keep my face towards the door and my feet under the window, I have to sleep in my right side.

You see my conundrum.

It's a very silly conundrum.

I will sleep on my left side tonight so that I can work on art and writing tomorrow with my dominant hand at 100% (hopefully). If it's still being cranky, I'll roll my eyes and continue trying to work offhanded.

On Thursday, one way or another, I'll post art. If you'd like a say in what that art is, feel free to send me a coffee on Ko-Fi with a message letting me know what category you'd like to see (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Dedbert, Location, Geometric, Word).

Next Monday, I will have some progress to show you regarding the shawl I proposed yesterday.

Next Tuesday I'll be back to blather at you, hopefully 100% and full of beans.

For now, though, I am going to sip cocoa, try to draw something left-handed, and type slowly.

I hope you all Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!