Thursday, January 19, 2023

Thursday Art Walk

Art Day!

 
Hopefully we're nearing the end of the "less-than-seven-pictures" period of this year, because I'd really love to get back to the daily art grind. It didn't happen this week. It won't happen next week. Why? Because I've been busy! And I stress when I'm busy.

I mean, I stress no matter what, but I've been extra busy and extra stressed this month. Hopefully after Sunday things calm down significantly and I can just... work. The way I want to.

A birb can dream, right?

Anyway, these are the watercolor paintings I managed this week!

"Dreamhogs"; watercolor; 1/18/2023 [ANIMAL]

"Parrot Waxcap"; watercolor; 1/19/2023 [VEGETABLE]

I'm pretty happy with the waxcaps, though I couldn't quite figure out how to make them look properly glossy (maybe some white gel pen highlights?), and the hedgehogs are cute, but I have felt off lately in the watercolor realm. Maybe it's because my art space, usually fairly disorganized as is, has been completely obliterated lately and I haven't really felt like I could clean it up. Maybe I just don't have the skills I want to have. Maybe I'm just tired. Whatever the case, these little pictures took way more out of me than they should've.

I'm going on a Family Adventure this weekend, so I've been stressing pointlessly about all the minutiae and potential hazards and such. I stress, remember? It's just how I am lol. I don't know if I'll have time to do more than take a few photos to eventually turn into art, but I'll try to do *some* work on the go, whether it's art or writing.

If you'd like to have a say in next week's art, feel free to send a coffee (and a prompt) via Ko-Fi. The categories you can suggest are Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Location, Dedbert, Geometric, or Word.

I know this week's blog is short, but so is my attention span, so we'll hope for the best for next week, eh?

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!