Thursday, January 12, 2023

Thursday Art Walk

In Which This Week Was Rocky, Art-Wise

 I didn't manage to draw or write every day this week, and that makes me sad. I'm not angry at myself - the days I didn't write or draw were days when I was either exhausted or uncomfortable. I needed rest. I rested. That's all there is to it.

I'm not sad because I "failed" in my resolution. I'm sad that I didn't get to draw on those days because I love making art.

I did make some art, though, and I've done a lot more writing this week than I thought (feared) I might! Over 450 words since Sunday, in fact! (And yes, I am aware that 452 words/4 days is over 100 words per day, but half of those days were actually between 40-60 words...)

"Fox"; pencil sketch; 1/6/2023 [ANIMAL]

"Doodlebug"; digital art; 1/11/2023 [GEOMETRIC]

"Dream Sea"; digital; 1/11/2023 [LOCATION]

The fox was scrawled while I was 2/3 of the way asleep that evening, and it was haphazard at best. I think I might try to make an abstracted version of it eventually, like last week's abstract nude. Maybe shades of brown or orange?

"Doodlebug" was a lot of fun to paint in Krita. I took one of the larger pens and a black tone, drew random shapes with my eyes shut and the image zoomed out, and then painstakingly filled each section with blues chosen at random, using a different brush for each color. I really enjoyed making that one, and I'd love to experiment with other line-weights, colors, and patterns.

"Dream Sea" is very much an experiment. You can tell just by looking at it that I was running out of steam at the top, but I'm incredibly happy with the way the water looks! That effect is not something I could easily replicate with watercolor. I took several tones and weights of magenta/lavender/purple and scrawled them across the piece haphazardly in different directions. After that, I used every single blender in my basic version of Krita and went over the whole piece repeatedly. I'd love to try it again some time and maybe make a cityscape or something!

Regardless, art was not easy this week, so I'm hoping that after today, it'll get easier. You may notice I haven't got any art from today proper. That is because I don't think I can make any art today. My knuckles ache and my eyelids feel grainy, so it's another sore and tired evening for me, I guess. That's not the end of the world. I'll make more art starting tomorrow, I'm sure!

I have some ideas regarding pixel art to experiment with, after all!

That'll do it for me, today. If you want to have a say in my art in the coming week, send me a coffee with a message telling me the category you'd like (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Dedbert, Location, Geometric, Word) on my Ko-Fi, and I'll prioritize your category so it 100% gets made next week!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!