Monday, August 8, 2022

Fiber Monday

 

In Which Today Was Too Nice To Stay On Task

Yesterday, it felt like 100℉/37,8℃ at times, so I was largely just plunked in front of a fan, staring at a screen and wishing the temperatures would drop.

I got my wish today!

The high was around 76℉/24,4℃, and despite the higher humidity, it felt glorious! I actually went outside for a while and had to change into an actual tee shirt! I haven't worn a tee in over a week - it's been to hot and muggy! Yes, tomorrow's going to be a little warmer, but it felt so nice today, guys.

So of course I was 1000000% scatterbrained and couldn't focus on the crochet-along we've been doing under the #secret project tag here.

Instead, I worked on a few creamy thread lace projects!

Some Lovely lace gloves from 1943

Which I keep tangling the thread on...

And a cream-colored version of the infamously unfinished Lady Sibyl shrug


I like to walk out to meet my boyfriend on Fridays, but it was so blisteringly toasty while the sun was out that I didn't make as long a walk as I prefer to. Instead of walking the 3.4 miles (5,5km) to and from one bookstore or the 2.2mi/3,5km to the bakery and back or the 1.8mi/2,9km to and from the other bookstore, I walked a paltry 1.4mi/2,3km to the local library and back. 

Why the library? It's a short walk, there's a lot of shade coverage, and it has the most powerful AC in town.

Also it has books.


And I love me some books!

So I picked up this book, Designer Crochet by Shannon Mullett-Bowlsby, and let me tell you, it is one of my favorite how-to books in that library. This may be the fifth time I've taken it out, and I desperately want to make everything in it.

For myself.

And also to sell, because they are Fashionable and I am 100% for getting these garments into the real world.

Which brings me to the next point.

I want to start making things for sale. Mostly crochet, but also eventually original artwork. I'm not going to get into a cost benefit analysis of Etsy vs Facebook Marketplace this week, but I am actively looking for sites to sell through, preferably ones that handle sales tax and don't charge me extra for a buyer using a credit card vs PayPal or whatever.

Or charge me for a listing. That would not be good for me.

If y'all have any suggestions, please do leave them in the comments (which I'm the sole moderator of, so I have to read them ;) ), along with any suggestions of what exactly I should make to sell!

I'm currently looking into what good pricing practices would be, so keep an eye out for any fiber additions to the How To Commission Me page in the sidebar!

Also, if you want a say in what I paint or draw this week, send me a coffee over on Ko-Fi with a message telling me what category you're choosing (also in the Commission Me page), and come Thursday, you'll see what I come up with!

I think that'll about do it for me tonight, those gloves have exhausted me!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!