Thursday, August 11, 2022

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Need To Plan Better


Thursdays are hard, man.

Not only am I trying to make art, but I usually don't know what I'm making until the night before, so then it's a CRUNCH, and it means I neglect things I'd also like to do - like shower and talk to my boyfriend.

But you're not here to hear me whine about how I can't manage my time, you're here for today's artwork, which is a strange little pixel DEDBERT!

DORDBORT - digital 2022
(It's actually pretty good sized, I don't understand computers...)

I think next time I try to do a digital Dedbert, I won't try anything fancy. I'll just go for colors, shading, and then post.

This experimental bubble/pixel piece is cute, but boy did he take way too long. Again, it's all the background's fault. Inevitably, I gave up. It was too muddy and busy and took away from my boy.

As it is, I think I did pretty well on the mirroring everywhere but the beak, so I'll be practicing that, too!

I would also love any suggestions for 100% free, non-pirated artist's software that anyone might have! Bear in mind, of course, that I have an older laptop with limited GPU, so I'll never be making anything exquisite, effects-wise, but if it has some better brushes (I cannot figure out how to make or import brushes on Paint.net, so it'll have to be super duper user-friendly...) or a cleaner interface, I'm down to try it!

Hopefully next week, I'll have an easier time of it!

Time management has always been a struggle for me. I've never been tested for anything, but if you've read even one of my blogs, it's probably pretty clear that I struggle to think in and operate in a straight line. Not trying to pull the "I'm so special!" card here, I'm just stating a fact. I've never been able to accurately lay out what I'm going to do, in the order in which I'll do it, actually follow the directions, and then finish something in a timely manner. I've just never been able to.

So I'm going to try to trick myself this week.

I'm going to start a pixel project, and if I get a commission-lite this week, I'll work on that when I get it. If not, you'll see what I'm working on on Thursday. Hopefully before 9pm...

That's the plan!

I'll see you all next week on Monday, where hopefully I'll also have more of the crochet-along project finished!!!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!