Thursday, August 4, 2022

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Worked Digitally!


Today was... hot. It was about 86℉/30℃ and about 60% humidity most of the day. What's funny is that I felt... fine? Until now, when it's about 75℉/23,9℃ outside, but since I am above the kitchen, it is probably still 86℉/30℃. And if I switch my window fan to intake, I get bugs. Tomorrow's high will feel like 93℉/33,9℃, and we'll be getting rain - which I'm actually super okay with.

I quite enjoy a rainy walk in hot weather, generally.

Especially if we get some wind, too!

I'm less okay with the fact that I'll have to take my window fan out. Sounds like I'm spending a lot of time downstairs tomorrow.

But the main factor in me getting super toasty up here today was that I was on my computer, hunched over the tablet and keyboard, working on today's art!

The theme today was "WORD", and the word in question was... well... see for yourself:

"WOMBAT" digital art 2022



"WOMBAT" with background, digital art, 2022


I used Paint.net for this work, along with my XP-Pen Star G430S.

You wouldn't expect the thing that took me the longest to be that background, yet here we are, 3 hours after I started painting it!

It's because I couldn't decide what kind of background I wanted, how it should look, or how to make it.

I'm planning on making a bunch of "background images" I can copy/paste into any piece, too!

If you have any suggestions for types of backgrounds, colors, etc, I'd love to hear your ideas!

And if you want a say in what I draw or paint next week, feel free to shoot me a coffee over on Ko-Fi along with a message telling me which category you'd like to see next!

Those categories are, of course:
  • ANIMAL
  • VEGETABLE
  • MINERAL
  • LOCATION
  • GEOMETRIC
  • DEDBERT
  • WORD
I hope you liked today's WORD, and hopefully, you'll like whatever comes next! For now though, I'm going to try to get some sleep - I'm wiped and tomorrow's gonna be toasty as heck!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!