Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Am Blob


For the last couple of days I've been taking advantage of the cool weather and just popping outdoors at the slightest excuse. I saw the hawk yesterday, watching out for tasty pigeons in my yard, and I've been holding scintillating conversations with the savage little hummingbirds who keep throwing beaks at the feeder my mom put out. I've also been a bit racy by watching birds bathe in the bath we put out.

But I haven't just been luxuriating in the springlike temperatures!

I've also been trying to figure out what good pricing would be for crochet projects!

Obviously I can't compete with Fast Fashion, they've got some vastly underpaid children working 18 hour days in a sweatshop to make their crochet goods, but I've been trawling Etsy and other handmade sites, looking to see what the average prices for things might be!

I've been surprised by some of the prices, especially considering what the materials costs must be, but it also does my heart an enormous amount of good to see craftspeople really valuing their time and efforts! I haven't seen a single major garment under fifty dollars! How cool is that?

I may be somewhat alarmed, however, at how many women are apparently comfortable with the idea of a crocheted g-string. Then again, I'm just alarmed by g-strings in general, because I am a Square.

In any case, I'm going to keep working on my pricing guide, and then I'll start figuring out how to make enough projects to support selling them!

As for the rest of the week til next Tuesday, these are my plans:

  • Art for Thursday - feel free to Ko-Fi me your suggestions for this week's piece! You have until Thursday morning!
  • Gonna see what I can get done for Monday, crochet-wise, but no promises sorry
  • Gonna blather more on Tuesday.
If I seem distracted tonight, I am! My brain is doing that whole "why can't I hold all these ideas?!" thing, and it's very annoying.

I hope you're all doing well, and I look forward to any suggestions, comments, questions, or random thoughts you may have!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!