Monday, June 11, 2018


Fiber Monday #1.1

IT LIVES!

So... I'm back. From outer space. Or from just not ever remembering to update. Enjoy some new content. Also, surprise!

Those who know me IRL are aware that I have an unhealthy obsession with crochet. I’m rarely found without at least one project on me, so I thought I’d start a record of whatever I’m working on and it… it morphed, guys.

Here, I’ll be showing you one project, from start to finish.

This first project, I decided to go easy – I’m making a scarf from some purple yarn I was given, and I’ll be using only one stitch, the single crochet stitch.


First, I cast made a slipknot in one end of the yarn – that way I could loop it onto the hook I was using (an H or 5mm hook).






Then I wrapped the yarn once around the hook and pulled it through the loop made by the slipknot, which gave me my first chain.



Then I continued my wrap, pull pattern until I had about 21 chains.


After that, I looked at the chain – on one side were some wheat or oat shaped stitches, but when you looked at the other side, it was little bumps. I put the hook through the second bump from the hook, wrapped the yarn once, and pulled it through, creating my first single crochet.




I jab/wrap/pulled my way to the end of the row, leaving 20 stitches in my wake, and then I wrap/pulled one more time to create my turning chain, which gave me wiggle room to make the next row!





Now that I had a row done, I jab/wrap/pulled through the tops, the wheaty/oaty looking bit on the top of the stitch, and made my second row of single crochet.




In total, I eventually ended up with 10 rows of single crochet, so far. I’ll post updates every Monday, so you can see how the scarf goes!


Now go and enjoy something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!