Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 3

You know, you never realize how important gender diversity is in writing until you have to find creative ways to differentiate among three different male characters without giving any of them names. Seriously. I have a receptionist (it's a men's gym in the 80s - I don't know that they'd have a female receptionist), a medic (again, men's gym), and a young man who will one day become a masked pro-wrestler called Yokai Gonzo. I wish I could make one of these guys into a lady, but it just won't work with the time, place, and story.

My real problem right now is trying to figure out a way to move the story forward without getting stuck in the scene. My notes for this part of the story look a lot like this:

- baby yokai wanders into gym all beat up and thirsty, tries to get drink
- receptionist is freaked out by all the bruises
- medic doesn't buy lies that bullies did the damage
- technically, they were bullies, just the grown up kind
- somehow this ends up with baby yokai living in the gym & getting his first mask
- maybe the owner decides to hide him?
- i don't know what i'm doing.

Brilliant notes, I know :P

In spite of the challenges, I *will* finish this story. I promise.

Go Enjoy Something
or maybe make something?

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!