Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 2


I’ve been working on the story of Yokai this week. I’m not going to give too much away, but it’s one of three different stories I’m working on involving professional wrestlers. One is the story of a young man who is coming up in the business in the 1990s, his trials & tribulations, and eventually his success in Japan. The second story follows the same character, Yokai, in Japan after he’s retired from wrestling and runs a local izakaya (that’s a bar/restaurant) with his partner Dave. The third is about another wrestler named “Mac the Rack”, a journeyman wrestler who has held steady positions in a few companies over the years, training a kid who doesn’t want to be a wrestler.

I have a job interview today, so I’m going to have to be brief about what I’m busy with.

So far, with what I’ve written, a young Yokai has wandered into a small town gym for a sip of water and attracted a lot of attention, since he looks kind of like someone ran him through a meat grinder.

I’m having issues with punctuation and dialog – mainly, I don’t know where the punctuation in dialog goes, and I’ve been told many times that I do it wrong.

I’ll be working on that.

I think that about does it for this week’s update on writing.

If you’re looking for a book right now, I’d always suggest grabbing a copy of Grady Hendrix’s “Horrorstör”, which is about a haunted Ikea-like store. It has one of the best covers I've ever seen, since it looks like an Ikea catalog!

Go Out and Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!