Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Talk-About Tuesday

My friends, you may have noticed that Fiber Monday is kind of a new thing to this blog (if you're new here, yeah, it's new, too). That's because I'm trying to get on a blogging schedule, and to that end, I'm going to post it here so you can all yell at me when I inevitably miss days. I'll try to at least post a "sorry, no real update on the topic today", but who can say which way the wind will blow?

On Mondays, I'm going to try to post things related to crochet and/or sewing, complete with photos. It might be that I'm tired or that my hand hurts, so instead I'll post a review on a type of yarn I've tried out or a kind of hook, or something. Maybe even post a link to a book of patterns I like. Who knows? But Mondays are now Fiber Mondays, and I'll do my best to stick with it.

Tuesdays are a bit... odd. Those who know me in real life know that I hope to one day be a real published author. I'm always brimming with story ideas, and I love to write (hence a blog). Tuesdays will be reserved for either talking about the blog or talking about writing, whether it's writing I've done or something I've read. I might even post passages from whatever story I'm working on! Talk-About Tuesday isn't a title I'm overly fond of, but I love me the gimmick titles, so if anyone has a better idea, feel free to comment!

Wednesdays are now Wednesdaymania! I will try to talk about whatever pro-wrestling I've watched most recently, or spotlight a wrestler (past or present) who I'm really into this week, or something else related to wrestling. Because I'm a big stupid Mark and I like wrestling. I really, really like pro-wrestling. Currently, I'm obsessed with New Japan Pro Wrestling and NXT because I'm (as I'm sure you'll notice) a bit of a workrate mark and I have no patience for overwrought and poorly-scripted storylines. Also, I don't get most channels with wrestling on them except for ROH (which I'm a-ok with).

Thursdays will be Art Walk Thursday, where I either talk about artists I love (from Edward Hopper to whoever I found online this week) or about my own art. Surprise! I also like to draw and paint. Hopefully the scanner situation will be rectified soon and I'll be able to post my own artwork on here!

Fridays are going to be Filmic Fridays, where I talk about whatever goofy or awesome movie I've seen this week. It could be a terrible action movie, an MST3K episode, something I caught while younger relatives were visiting, or whatever is on the tv as I walk past to get water late at night - whatever it is, if there's a better reviewer out there who has already reviewed it more completely (I'm not a film reviewer, I just like to talk about movies), I'll post links.

Saturday is Saturday Morning Casual Gaming. Don't expect the updates to be in the morning every week - I'm a notoriously late-sleeper. But at some point on Saturday, I'll have a review of a casual game I'm playing up and ready for you to view!

Sunday is Survival Sunday, which is nowhere near as dire as it sounds. I'm not on my own yet, but one day I will be, and I'd like to be able to take care of myself when it happens. I'll be posting recipes I tried (hopefully with photos), advice on everyday tasks (like ironing, which I suck at), or maybe even product reviews - I don't know yet. One thing that will be happening every week is that I'll be spotlighting a spice or herb or other pantry must-have as a way to encourage people who are newly independent to start building up a pantry of helpful multi-use items so they don't constantly have to run to the store. I'll try to keep a master list of what I spotlight somewhere on the blog, but I don't quite know how that'll work yet.

That's all for Talk-About Tuesday this week (which was really more of a State of the Blog)
Go and Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!