Monday, May 4, 2020

Fiber Monday 320

In Which I Am Very Sleepy But I Did Do Some Work

It's another gray day here at the homestead, and everyone is in a nappish mood. The cat has claimed my mother's lap for a snooze, my mother has claimed her recliner and is yawning loudly downstairs. I'm curled up on my bed debating whether or not I'm tired enough to sleep in jeans. I think I may be.

I did a bunch of squats last night - 5 reps of 20!

My thighs hurt. Imagine.

I did my laundry this morning.

I added about 1" to the Downton Abbey Lady Sibyl Shawl I've been working on forever. I started a pair of shorts that might be too big. I started a bag that might be too small. I've started work on some lace that might be too complicated. I am making an amigurumi that might be too cute.

It's been a busy month.

It's only the 4th.

Tomorrow is the 5th, and I'm excited because it's both Cinco de Mayo and Taco Tuesday, and while I have 0 Mexican heritage, like most basic white bitches, I do love me some Mexican culture. I'll see if I can catch some lucha matches online tomorrow...

I moved about 30lbs of random boxes of crap to a different part of my room and I've been slowly organizing. I need to move things out of the way of my TV, but more on that tomorrow, lol.

Today is about the fiber arts. And I am still working hard. I hope you guys are all working on your projects too! I hear that there are new requirements for masks - 1 to 2 layers of tightly-woven cotton for the fronts, a layer of tightly-woven natural silk for the inside layer, try to include a filter pocket for either some HEPA filter bag bits from a vacuum cleaner bag or fold up some paper towel if you can. I added the Dinorar design to my Redbubble shop if you guys want to buy a mask from there with a lil dinosaur on it.

As for the projects I'm working on, I have to say, they're all going real slowly except for the amigurumi. Those tend to work up really fast, even if the patterns are more complicated than the one for the shrug. It's literally a 4 row repeat on the shrug. It should be so much faster than it is...

And don't even get me started on the blanket I set out on. It's going slowly because I can't read the chart very well. It's supposed to be a bobble chart, but I'm doing it in single crochet... so I have to translate while I work. And my math brain is broken.

But that's enough white whine. I want to hear how your guys' projects are going! Are you making masks for your family and friends? Are you making blankets? Vintage-style dresses? Potholders with inappropriate anatomy on them? Wall-hangings of famous artists mashed-up with famous monsters? Actually, I should do that some time.... Fright-a Kahlo (as the Bride of Frankenstein?) sounds like a fun piece to work on...

That'll do it for me today.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!