Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Talk About Tuesday 321

In Which Birds Are Hella Loud
It's 5AM. The sun is rising slowly behind a damp slate gray wall of clouds towards the ocean. The road is drying from last night's rain. I just heard my mother go outside to feed the birds - a scoop of mixed seeds for the songbirds who woke me, a huge scoop of duck feed for the wild mallards who have decided our backyard is the finest diner in town, a brick of suet for the brazen woodpeckers, and if I'm being honest, probably some seeds for the chipmunk who lives near the steps.

I'll probably go grab some coffee soon, maybe some toast, and I'll start my day (grudgingly). I haven't been able to sleep lately. Not more than a few catnaps. I can't get comfortable. I should try bringing up a full water bottle tonight - it's been a while since I properly hydrated.

Sunday was Mother's Day, and I made a last minute doily for my mother. I can't remember which pattern I used, but I made it with pink thread and it has two 3d rows of petals on it like some strange flower. I'm pretty proud of it! It should've taken less than five hours to make, all told, but let's be real, I was skating on too little sleep even then.

I do worry sometimes that I've developed chronic insomnia or that weird brain condition where you stop being able to sleep and just... die slowly.

That's not at all likely.

I'm probably just dehydrated. That's what it always is.

But paranoia is easy (if exhausting), and I'm a suspicious-minded moron, so that's how things are sometimes lol.

I wrote over 800 words in the last two days. I'm pretty damn proud of that.

Aside from the doily for my mother, however, I haven't been crocheting enough. I just haven't had the focus. That's right, writing - the creation of entire worlds and narratives from sheer imagination and willpower - is easier for me to do tired than crocheting - a series of small muscle twitches and basic counting skills.

I'm looking forward to trying to play Pokemon SNAP like this today lol. It should be a blast. I don't remember all of the ways you're supposed to make things work, though, so I don't know if I can get past the first secret! Seriously, I've forgotten how to solve the hidden routes, where the signs were... I seem to recall being really good at the game, but the last time I played... I barely got that Voltorb to explode.

I think it's raining again. Ugh. I don't want to close my window. I like hearing the chickadees, sparrows, cardinals, blue jays, grackles, red winged blackbirds, woodpeckers, and ducks. I even like hearing the neighbors' silly chickens. And yeah, very little is funnier than watching a chicken in a vest jumping over another, bigger chicken.

And big news!

Tomorrow I turn 31. I already have my major gifts - a gorgeous bike from my parents, and hands-down the cutest mug I've ever owned from my partner! I legit don't know which I'm more excited for, because yeah, the bike is going to open up my possibilities over the summer, but... Tato mug! I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow, maybe blathering about wrestling a tiny bit on here, but if the spirit moves me, tomorrow might just be a workathon on the novel.

The novel is, after all, about wrestling. It suits.

Yeah, I think that's what I'll do!

I'll wear the awesome Marty Scurrl t-shirt my partner gave me, I'll throw on a YouTube playlist or a music stream, and I'll work until the afternoon.

That actually sounds pretty nice :)

Yeah, the rain is coming in now.

I'll have to shut the window as the crows caw outside, huddled and dripping on the telephone wires. It's pretty pleasant, but the wet will ruin my woodwork, so... shut it must be.

Here's the week's plan real quick:

  • Wrestling talk tomorrow? Maybe. Might just be a quick note and a smile from me.
  • Art Thursday - hopefully unassisted
  • Movie discussion on Friday - not sure what yet, but I'll think of something.
  • Video game talk on Saturday - maybe I'll tell you how badly I sucked at a game for babies?
  • Maybe food talk on Sunday - we'll see lol.
  • Hopefully I'll have pics of stuff for Monday - I need to free up some space first
  • See you back for blather next Tuesday!
I love you all.

Stay in if you can.

...

I really should close this window.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!