Saturday, May 9, 2020

Saturday Casual Gaming 320

In Which I Have Been Gaming!
So, this month, I've been gaming a lot! It's just... not free stuff :| Mostly.

Here's a list of games I've played this month and some notes on said games:

  • Resident Evil 2 (N64)
    • I am so glad I used Infinite Health and Infinite Ammo, because I couldn't figure out how to walk, much less run, away from the zimzams, resulting in my just... slowly circling as zombies chewed on me for about ten minutes
    • Graphics? Not great, but holy crap I'm impressed at what they crammed onto an N64 cartridge, since... uh... it was not designed for a cartridge-based system but a cd-based one!!!
    • Music: Gorgeous, eerie, some of my fav music.
    • This was especially poignant due to Paul Haddad, voice of Leon S Kennedy, unfortunately passing away. Yes, he had cancer, but his surgery had to be postponed because of COVID, so we can thank the 21st century plague for us not having this absolute treasure of a man any longer :(
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
    • I love this game, even though it kicks my ass.
    • Seriously, this game is kicking my ass.
    • Maybe I overestimated my abilities with Master Mode?
    • Yet! I totally killed three Hinox yesterday, a feat that was... much harder in the regular mode, especially with Black Hinox...
    • I'm using way more two-handed weapons this go-round, but I haven't yet mastered the dodges.
    • I... think I'm experiencing some pretty annoying Drift, because sometimes, my POV will just shoot straight down, so I'm in a top-down view, and sometimes I can't look up.
    • I think I have more Star Fragments in this run than in my previous three regular modes combined...
    • Watching so many speedruns has made me... not better at the game, but perhaps a little braver. But I still hate any of the falling hazard shrines (like the Synced Swing shrine - ugh)
    • DOGS!
    • My horses are murder machines in this runthrough - they won't stop running over all of the wildlife. On the plus side, I have so much food.
    • I am hoarding arrows like a madbeast because I desire vast quantities of Ancient Arrows in the future...
  • Coloring Pixels (Steam)
    • What can I say? I like filling in boxes, and that's all this game is.
    • Seriously, it's a paint-by-number.
    • I like it. It's free.
  • Escape Room Computer Office Escape (Kongregate)
    • This game was fun!
    • It was short, but only once I figured out the logic behind the puzzles. At first I was in chicken-with-no-head mode, running around and clicking everything. Thankfully, if you keep a level head, all of the puzzles give you their solutions... eventually.
    • You should give it a go if you like escape room puzzles!
And that's my gaming updates for this week :)

Go Enjoy Something, guys!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!